Job Title – Market Risk Manager
Location – London
Package – Competitive Salary + Bonus + Life Assurance + Private Medical Insurance + Pension
A leading Energy supplier is looking to hire a Market Risk Manager with Energy experience in support of their growing business. The position has been created to lead and mentor a growing European Market Risk team.
- Do you want to work for a leading Energy organisation offering commercial, green and retail energy?
- Do you want to be a part of a commodity risk Management team? And do you want to work alongside great people in a recognised International Energy company?
- Are you looking for a Market Risk opportunity where you will be given the responsibility to create success and deliver exceptional recognised results?
If so please Apply Now!
Your primary accountabilities as an Energy Market Risk Manager
- You will train, develop, and manage the European Market Risk Energy team.
- Manage and evaluate the risks related to the company’s European renewables portfolio.
- As a Market Risk Manager, you will be responsible for the governance, leadership and management necessary to monitor, evaluate, identify and mitigate market risks for the European business and associated natural gas and power portfolio.
- Evaluate and analyse potential new energy markets.
- The Market Risk Manager will effectively communicate variances in portfolio positions, P&L and other risk metrics such as MTM, VaR on a timely and accurate basis.
- Manage risks according to the company’s risk policy framework.
- Develop financial risk management tools and practices to analyse and report on market risks in the European Energy market.
- The Market Risk Manager will collaborate with key stakeholders within the European business to provide appropriate risk input and perspective.
- Monitor the development and design of analytical tools and improve underlying risk system infrastructure.
- Oversee the execution of daily position and valuation reporting for the European Power & Gas portfolio.
The Energy Market Risk Manager must have the following experience to be considered:
- This position is for a Market Risk Manager who is a motivated self-starter who is flexible, goal oriented and committed to going ‘above and beyond’ on everything they do.
- Experience of the European Retail Energy commodity and non-commodity risks.
- The Market Risk Manager must have excellent experience and knowledge of European gas & power markets.
- Experience in renewables is highly advantageous
- Quantitative and analytical skills.
- The Market Risk Manager must have the ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of stakeholders and audiences.
- MS SQL query, MS Office: Excel, Access as well as VBA
- Experience in managing and leading a Market Risk team.
- The Market Risk Manager has strong commodity derivatives, wholesale and retail energy market experience.
- University degree in engineering, finance, economics, mathematics or a similar discipline (advanced degree a plus)
Please Apply if you have the right skills and experience to fulfil this opportunity!
|Job Category||Market Risk|