Job Title : Energy Analyst
An exciting opportunity has arisen as an Energy Analyst to work for a reputable energy consultancy business, who provide a range of gas and electricity services. The Energy Analyst will work with a business who continuously improves, innovates and revolutionises their business and the marketplace they work in.
Job description: Energy Analyst
With innovation in mind, the client is looking to improve their current flexible energy offering so this role will be a perfect fit for someone who is looking to make a real difference in the company. You will have an opportunity to completely shake up and transform existing processes to achieve better efficiency within the department.
- The Energy Analyst will be the point of contact for the existing flexible client portfolio which includes electricity and gas.
- Set up and maintain flexible contract agreements for clients, using the right tools to assess risk and suggest appropriate contracts and products, including fixed vs. flex analysis.
- Educating the sales team to help them sell the concept of flexible contracts to their clients
- Create tailored client reports, such as flexible position reports, mark-to-market reports and budget reports.
- Setting up and maintenance of PPAs (Power Purchase Agreements)
- Setting up and maintenance of CCAs (Climate Change Agreements)
- Analysing customers’ portfolios and identifying additional ways they can reduce their energy consumption/spend (energy management).
- Monitoring and analysing the gas and electricity markets daily
- Ensuring changes to both legislation and policies are communicated, implemented and understood.
- Attending client meetings
- The energy analyst will prepare tailored presentations and training materials for both internal and external use
The Energy Analyst experience required:
The client is looking to hire bright, self-motivated and a driven individual to join their progressive company. The Energy Analyst will need to have the innate ability to explain complicated concepts internally and to clients, through both written and verbal communication. You will be:
- Resilient and resourceful individual who reacts well to change and is always looking to learn something new.
- Experience in the retail energy market is essential.
- Knowledge of flexible products, non-commodity costs and energy regulation
- Proven knowledge of Power Purchase Agreements
- Understanding of the fundamentals affecting the gas and power markets (demand, supply, temperature, renewables, LNG, oil and FX)
- Experience in producing market reports
- Customer relationship management skills
- Highly numerate with strong attention to detail
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Robust knowledge of the UK retail gas and power markets
- Experience in risk management